Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Masterchef? Maybe not quite ...

This afternoon I got my cooking groove on and spent a few hours conjuring up some good looking Wintery grub!

Here we have tomato and veg soup, chicken noodle soup and pumpkin soup made from butternuts out of the garden. Also steaming a couple of spuds for dinner!

I made my son pikelets for an after-school snack - soccer training tonight so I figured a few carbs would be a good thing! He loves those mini-quiches so I made a batch for school lunches as well - yummo! I came across the recipe for the frittata whilst cleaning out some magazines - it is from my favourite Barossa cafe - and it looks delicious - although not quite as grand as the piccie in the magazine!  My two daughters share a flat in the city - both at Uni and both work part-time - so every now and then I cook up a freezerful for them! Today I got a MASSIVE tub of ricotta for $1.99 so they get ricotta and spinach filo triangles and a bean and tomato lasagne/pasta dish ( in the oven as I type!). Pretty sure I will be keeping half the frittata though 'cos it smells so good - it has fetta and roast capsicum, caramelised onions and pumpkin in it - drooling just thinking about it!

 And really the kitchen doesn't look too bad - a bit of a dishwashing session is in order now. I need to hunt around in the plastics cupboard for some serving size containers for the soup - I always approach that cupboard with trepidation - and I s'pose I should cook dinner too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry darl, you seem to have forgotten to mention one tiny detail.........what time is dinner????? Love Kath.x