Thursday, May 12, 2011

All in a days work ...

Well, despite strange visitations from the ether, I have had a decently productive day and have completed one whole piece for SALA. yay!  I am making small "ranges" for this show and this one will belong to the "Alice etal" group.


I have topped a brass cuff with some etched copper and added some charms.


I cut the heart from copper and enameled it. It is a bit hard to see, but I am really pleased with the forged ring that the charms hang from. It is iron wire and I have riveted it so it is good and strong. I was hoping to achieve a sort of door-knocker feel 'cos doors and Alice just seem to go together don't they?


The Alice charm is made from two teaspoons, the image comes from the classic book - a copy though - and I have used mica to protect it. That dear little key was a recent find at my favourite antique store here in the Barossa.  This is the first time I have made a metal cuff and I did learn quite a bit. Also it is the first time I have attempted that slit- kind- of -fastening- thingo so it was a big day all round! I am hoping to achieve a kind of narrative with this lot of jewellery, something a bit poetic perhaps - well at the very least it's gotta be pretty!

6 comments:

Numinosity said...

You are so good!
I've missed going though blogs lately with all my travel and internet problems.
Nice to see what you've been up to.
I'm looking forward to seeing your earrings on my friend when I see her!
xoxo Kim

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous...You are becoming quite the metal-urgist! Any luck with the lead into gold challenge yet????

Anonymous said...

Love it. Very sweeet.

Lea said...

Gosh I came from sophies to see your flea finds, wow you are so talented. this is just gorgeous. a stunning little alice collection.

steufel said...

LOVE that cuff!

Allison Willis RGN DipApSc(NRM), BHlthSc(Nurs), MACN Director, Professional Practice said...

I adore this one...I want it......