Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Done and Dusted ...

The first Semester is finally over - phew it has been a bit of a haul these last few weeks! Now I am free to concentrate on making some jewellery for the upcoming SALA festival. I had thought I might get into it fairly well staright away but I have found myself messing about with new techniques, making molds and trying out ideas. I am hopeful that this is part of the "process" and that the real work will emerge any minute now!
I have kicked off the studio time with a roller printed, reclaimed pewter and vinyl LP cameo thingy.


I haven't used the saw to make decorative details like this before ( which is pretty obvious I'm afraid!) and I am not sure that pewter was the right material to practice on - it is soooo soft and "grabby".
Still it is kinda pretty and will work nicely for some Victorian-inspired pieces for the show.


I shall keep practicing with the saw - I can only get better huh?! I will share some of the molds and castings I have made tomorrow - oh and a long and tedious foray into chain making - too much for one small blog post!

3 comments:

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Woohooo! Wow! and Fabulous! Definately part of the process and looking SO great already...can't wait to see more!

Melissa said...

wow looks great
M
xxx

Lyndel said...

LOVELY♥