Sunday, June 26, 2011

Flea Market Finds

For a little while now, friends have been expressing concern over the increasing number of kitsch woodland critters that keep popping up in my home/ car / studio. Fearing an intervention, I have been quite steadfast in my resolve to leave these little critters in the op-shop for some other obsessive collector. However, this week, my resolve was sorely tested and I succumbed to the lure of  2 saccharin-sweet animals - I am saying this to you with my head bent in shame. Just look at them though ...


Such a sweet little sleeping fox - he reminds me of the way our cat tucks herself in to sleep away the cold Winter days.


The epitome of Australiana kitsch - a kangaroo salt shaker! The only thing better would have been to find the matching pepper shaker which I bet was in the shape of a little joey that nestled in Mamas "pouch"!

It would have been un-Australian to leave this baby behind - so it was in the spirit of patriotic fervor that I handed over my 50 cents!
 There you have it  - my resistance is shot - enroll me in the 10 step programme, bring on the intervention and send me as many quizzical 'have you lost your mind' looks as you like dear friends ( you know who you are).  I just cannot apologise for these, my most recent acquisitions. I know I am not going mad - my little critters tell me I am quite sane everyday.
Join in more collecting madness and mayhem over at Sophie's.

8 comments:

Enchanted Moments said...

I wouldnt have left the kangeroo either, and now you will be on the look out for its joey...wont you?

ladychiara said...

Oh they are both just too adorable. I LOVE the fox and I couldn't have left mama kangaroo there either! :)

Nelly said...

No to intervention just Go Forth and Kitsch the land of as much kitschiness that makes you happy xxx

Anonymous said...

Darling heart...more, really? Just saying- we know one kanga mumma is soooo cute, but twenty more could justify a teeny weeny intervention. Possibly. Love ya kitschly. xx You know who we are!

Unknown said...

collections are such fun, and who could resist these two little sweethearts? Maybe you could photograph your entire woodland collection one day and blog it? Would love to see!

Lauren said...

It would have been criminal to leave that kangaroo there! you did well! :)

Anonymous said...

No way am I turning you in for purchasing that sweet little kangaroo salt shaker. No way, no way, no way. It is too cute and as you said, it would have been unpatriotic of you to leave it behind. Maybe the little joey will show up in future thrifting adventures!

Melissa said...

No One could have left them behind.
Good spotting, really you can't have too much of "anything"!