Monday, September 5, 2011

Murder, Mystery and a Long Lunch ...

On the week-end some friends and I were chatting about books over a long lunch. Miss Melissa mentioned she had been reading Agatha Christie books whilst she had been tucked up in bed with the 'flu. It got me to thinking how there are certain books/authors who become like old friends - always there for you, always entertaining and even though you know them well, they can still surprise you! I love a good old fashioned murder/mystery and Agatha is definitely my favourite author in that genre. Okay so Conan-Doyle is no slouch in the area but I still think that Aggie tops him!I love the era of her stories, the settings, the characters - it may be a formula, but it definitely works for me. Of course one of the best features of the books is that you know when you turn the last page everything will be neatly tied up and all problems solved. What a relief! Now my favourite detective from the Christie stable just has to be Hercule Poirot. I love this funny little Belgian and his quaint habits. Even his ego, which is the size of a planet is cute! Of the Poirot's that have graced our screens, David Suchet has been my favourite. The whole show had WINNER written all over it - great sets, art deco everywhere you looked and Suchet is a very dapper fella. Do you remeber the opening credits? Here is a little reminder ...



As a little tribute to my favourite detective, I have created a special piece of jewellery. This brooch has been modelled after a feature that Poirot was rather vain about - his moustaches. I give you (drumroll here please Maestro ...)

The Poirot!




Hee hee - how much fun is that! I am loving the idea of wearing a mo on my jumper! These will be hitting my Etsy store soon! Oh - of course I still  have to set up an Etsy store but it is coming ...
Now for all those other David Suchet/Poirot tragics out there I have another little offering from youtube. Enjoy!



4 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

That brooch is adorable! Hope to see your etsy up and running soon.

E :)

Lyndel said...

bon!

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Bring on ETSY Yay!! Love the mo brooches.

Melissa said...

Love the brooch and of course Hercule is my fav.