Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas pics ...

I guess it is a little arse about face to be sharing pics of my Christmas after I have posted about NYE but due to a computer meltdown (literally as it turned out!) I couldn't do this sooner. And then I forgot. sigh. Intrepidly I move on and show you my Chrissie stuff now ...


This year we hit the back roads and found some likely looking branches for our tree. I painted it with a colour that looked like fuchsia on the lid but turned out to be a somewhere-in-between-red. That is an Ikea heart in the forefront - purchased at the Christmas sales last year!


My original intention was to hang a whole bunch of handmade pom poms all over it. However Rex the Wonder Dog got bored and refused to help so there were only three pom poms ..


... which meant a return of the handmade beaded stars that were crafted up a few years ago. Rex didn't find that boring at all so we have a boxful!


Last years' painted clay birdies got an airing as well. I shoved the branches into a tall tin container 3/4 filled with gravel and topped it up with pretty baubles. The fringe around the top was going to be part of the whole pom pom theme but never really got off the ground ...

Still, it was festive and pretty. I might keep the tree as a year round decoration - minus the Christmassy do-dads ... My friend Allison has been honing her icing skills in 2012 and she brought round these gorgeous gingerbread snowflakes. They tasted as good as they looked!


It was a lovely time of family, friends and frivolity. There is nothing quite like it for counting ones blessings is there?

1 comment:

Gayle said...

That's a great tree! I would leave it up all year too.

Happy New Year to you!