Sunday, July 21, 2013

My definitive decade?

According to Meg Jay,Phd, your twenties are a defining decade. Apparently you can even maximise brain development in this decade - of course you need to buy her book ( The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now),to find out how! I haven't read the book so can't comment on its veracity. I do know that I hit my twenties in the early Eighties and I also know that I am always drawn to music of that decade. Don't judge me - well perhaps you should because I am not particularly discerning! When it comes to music I am the proverbial pleb who says "I don't know much about music but I know what I like ... All this came to mind because I scored some great (to me!) vinyl  at the op shop...


 I plated several of them at full blast night and luckyily there are no accompanying images of my lounge room dance moves ... Does anyone remember Eddy Grant? Electric Avenue ringing any bells? Ah 1982 ...


And some home grown talent - well they formed in Melbourne so we claim them even the lead vocalist is a Kiwi ... I scored their 1986, self-titled album. Here is one of the tracks.


Ah the eighties ...



3 comments:

Gayle said...

I usually like the LP covers more than I like the music. Some of the art work is great.

Melissa said...

Yep I'm with you, a great decade, I can't dance and I can't sing but who cares!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a decade! Hit 20 in 1986 so I remember it well. You have a record player???!